What is a Meal Plan?
Meal SwipesMeal Swipes give you access to any of our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, including Bates Diner, Gibbes Court Bistro, and Honeycomb Cafe. Meal swipes can also be used in many retail locations for meal exchange combo meal or cash equivalency, a la carte spending. You can use more than one swipe per meal period and up to 4 in a day. There is a 30 minute window between allowed swipes. Unused meal swipes expire at the end of the week and meal swipes will reset back the following week.
Meal Plan Dollars
Meal Plan Dollars (MPD) may be used at any Carolina Food Company dining location. MPD expire at the end of the semester. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation.
Meal Exchange and Cash EquivalencyMeal swipes can be used in our retail locations for a meal exchange option, a complete combo meal. Cash equivalency can also be used in select retail locations. With cash equivalency, your meal swipe is assigned a set value, by day part, for a la carte purchases.
Guest meals come with our three Declining Balance plans. Guest meals are meal swipes that can be used for you or a guest.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Casual atmosphere with TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- To-go meals: simply request a to-go box when you swipe in at any of our dining halls
Managing Your Plan
There are three ways you can check your Meal Swipes and Meal Plan Dollars balance:
- On the GET Mobile app available in your app store
- At the register by asking the cashier to run an inquiry
- Visit the CarolinaCard office located on the bottom floor of the Russell House University Union at 1400 Greene Street Columbia SC 29208
- August 17 – Meal Plans begin
- August 28 (5pm) –last day to downgrade or cancel your meal plan